Saturday, April 13, 2013

A letter to all bitches and bullies

Hi everyone!
I'm in the mood for a bit serious post today, hope you find it inspiring or helpful in any way:

There are a lot of people I think I'll never be able to understand. There are so many ignorant, pre-judging, and straight forward mean human beings out there, that I don't know where to start.
Even though I've accepted it as a part of life, I still get mad when I think of all the fragile, young minds that get crushed by others. How can anyone be mean to kids that's just trying to find their place? They haven't done anything wrong, neither to you or anyone else.
I had a conversation with a younger girl the other day, and when she found out that I was a fan of anime, she got so happy! She said: "I thought no one else but me and my closest friends liked it! Everyone else thinks we're strange...we're a bit of loners."
Anime is still not very popular in Norway, so I'm also used to getting the "strange"-stamp.
But this girl seemed to be quite bothered about it. However you like anime or not, does not define your personality, intelligence, lifestyle, coolness or anything else. It's just a personal interest.
So why is it that a young, insecure girl has to choose between doing what she like or being accepted? I've met a bunch of anime lovers in my life, and they're all different.
I don't like Justin Bieber, but many of my friends do. That doesn't make them less worthy in my eyes!

Don't misunderstand me. It's okay to disagree, and I won't force anyone to like anime or anything else.
But don't bitch around about persons you don't know, and do certainly not bring others down because they got a different opinion than you.
Some people may handle that just fine, while others grow even more insecure and shy. Some people may look fine, but they're really not. You might be a bully without even knowing it.
Whoever gave you the right to put others in a mental jail like that?
It's terrible (believe me, I know the feeling) to feel like you have to hide who you are, or even don't know who you are yet, because the people around you never let you explore.
I know many people pre-judge and assume almost automatically, without thinking any more about it.
This is (sadly) what many parts of society tells us to do, consciously or not.

It touched my heart to see how that girl's face brightened up when I told her I love anime too.
Do people even take the time to try to understand?

It doesn't require much, you guys! Just smile, accept, and go through life with a open heart, and you will make the world a much better place.

Do you have any opinions on the topic? Let me know!

So long ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think! ^.^