Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Norwegian's life in May

Hello everyone! 

Remember my post on how much I wanted light pink hair? Well, guess what, I still can't get it out of my mind. I've decided that I at least should wait until I'm completely sure on what to do. However, I can't keep myself from bringing up the matter to discussion all the time. I've discussed it with everyone from my hairdresser to my dog. When I get an idea I just can't forget about it...how annoying.
Also, my hairdresser is huge fan of long, healthy au nautral hair. She's not too keen on the idea of bleaching it. In fact, she thinks it could be considered a crime to bleach hair like mine. 
She's got a bunch of good arguments like how damaged it gets, that I probably will have to chop it all of and so on. (Don't you just hate it when you have an awesome illusion and some super logical, reasonable person comes along and ruin everything?) 
We'll see, we'll see. But I have to admit that it would be sad to chop off my hair. Now that I've almost reached my goal to the hips and all... 

Another thing that's a little bit annoying: spring is coming soo slow! 
I slept over to a friend last night, and we got shock when we woke up this morning. It was snowing! It was freaking snowing on the 1st of May! 
I feel so sorry for all the little flowers and birds and sprouts that finally arrived thinking winter was gone and away. Do you think flowers can feel the pain of freezing to death? I don't know, but it's almost like I can hear their desperate cries when I walk past our flower bed. 

What else is it to say about our lives at the moment? It's busy as always.
In fact, May is a crazy hectic month for all Norwegian students. Not only do we have all our exams and finishing tests, we also have our national day and lots of other days that's holy or important in some way. And the russ (such as Gulli) spend almost more time drunk than sober. Wow, she's going to be so broken by the end of the month.
Speaking of "russ", on Friday we'll have visitors from Russia! It's a Russian theater group that comes to visit our theater group. All this is arranged by some cultural committee I've never heard about before. 
But hey, they'll treat us a meal at a restaurant, and in my head anyone that gives you free food are nice people. (It's plain luck I haven't been abducted yet.) 

Despite everything that's going on I'm very happy at the moment! Spring may be slow, but it is coming, and I'm loving it. The streets in our little town will soon be crowded once again by dandelions and tourists that takes pictures of everything. The other day I saw a bunch of them standing on the docks and taking pictures of the water. I guess it's rude to laugh at foreigners, so I tried to keep a poker face. Didn't work...
A happy cloud to make up for the mad one ~
Talk to you later ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think! ^.^